1. Unique and Personalised Setting: You can choose a location that has special meaning to you and your partner, or a place that reflects your personal style and interests. This could be a scenic outdoor location, a historic building, a museum, or even a castle.
2. Flexibility in Timing: You can choose the time and date that works best for you and your guests, and you can also extend the ceremony and celebration into the evening without worrying about restrictions.
3. More Inclusive: A wedding ceremony not in a church can be more inclusive of different religions, beliefs, and lifestyles. This is particularly important if you or your partner come from different cultural or religious backgrounds, or if you want to incorporate unique elements into your ceremony. You have more freedom to create a ceremony that truly reflects your beliefs and values.
4. More Creative Freedom: Allows for more creative freedom when it comes to decor, music, and overall ambiance. You can tailor the ceremony to your own preferences and style.
5. Everything in one place: You have the option to choose a venue that fits your style and budget. There’s no travelling from the church to a venue, so time is saved for everyone. It’s a very convenient way to have a wedding.
6. Cost Savings: You have more options for affordable locations and can spend your budget on other aspects of the wedding, such as catering or photography as frequently the cost of the ceremony space is included in the venue’s package.